- Seize every opportunity to be active. Stand rather than sit, take the stairs rather than the escalator, walk short distances rather than drive.
- Stay hydrated, and choose drinks that are naturally low in or have no kilojoules. Water, mineral water, herbal tea and vegetable-based juices are all very good options. Avoid soda-based drinks where possible.
- Always get enough sleep. Most people need seven to eight hours very night. Less than this can affect your metabolism, your ability to handle stress and your concentration.
- Aim to include a least three intensive exercise sessions into your week, over and above your daily home or work activity. Strength training and weight-bearing activities are very important for good health.
- If you are still smoking, then stop now!
- Plan to have a minimum of two alcohol-free days in your week. The current national guidelines recommend that you have no more than two standard drinks each day.
- Boost your Vitamin D production in your skin by getting out into the sunshine for 15-20 minutes every day, preferably in the morning or evening.
- If you’re over 30 years you should be supplementing your Co-Enzyme Q10 (CoQ10) levels to help protect your immune system and to give yourself an energy boost to help you cope each day with your demanding lifestyle.
- Always have a good healthy breakfast. Your breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t be tempted to skip it.
- Avoid snacking on sugar based products. If you want to snack then graze on nuts, fruit and grains between meals. This way you can cut down on the portion sizes of your main meals.
What are your thoughts about these healthier lifestyle tips? Do you incorporate any into your current daily health routine? Please share your thoughts and experiences for other readers to share.
Image 1: Healthy Lifestyle Plus
Image 2: Hellawella