The MyFaceMyLife motto is to provide “the online community that’s all about…my life”—and we want to explain to readers how we go about achieving that mission.
MyFaceMyLife works hard to achieve the highest journalistic standards in terms of relevancy, objectivity, accuracy, and accountability for the content we provide. As well as avoiding bias and conflicts of interest where possible.
It is important to our mission that readers know they are getting the best personal information, and that the content MyFaceMyLife provides is trustworthy.
To achieve our mission we have developed our editorial policy as follows:
- Every reader is entitled to fair and accurate news and information
- The value of our site publications to advertisers depends on reader trust
- We will always distinguish between editorial content and marketing messages
- Our editorial content will not be compromised by advertiser influences
MyFaceMyLife accepts advertising as part of its business model. Our policies demand that we create a clear division between the advertising and editorial content.
- Design. Advertising material will always be identified by a prominent label or design that clearing states its purpose.
- Content. Editorial content will always reflect our core mission, and we will not be influenced by advertiser expectations or concerns.
- Contributions. MyFaceMyLife may not accept outside advertiser contributions, except when clearly labeled as advertising content.
Much of MyFaceMyLife content falls in into the category of subjective content: advice, opinion, or personal story. This content are based in fact and/or drawn from our considered assessment of news and research. We do our utmost to present accurate, fair and well researched content reporting.
All content published on MyFaceMyLife will be relevant in terms of our mission and to the section in which the content is published on the site. We will not publish inappropriate or irrelevant content on MyFaceMyLife.
- Advertising Placement
- Standard placement. Advertisements are commonly found in the right hand column, or above the logo or below the text block on the page. These standard placements may not be labeled specifically as advertising.
- Advertiser text inserts. Advertiser links and boxes found within the text are labeled as advertising or sponsor, by the use of contrasting colors and borders.
- Advertiser specials. Advertisers may at time pay for dedicated emails, minisites, or sponsored pages. These will always be clearly marked.
- Social media comments. Some MyFaceMyLife social media content (e.g. tweets, FB comments) may be sponsored by an advertiser, if they are, they will be clearly labeled as such.
- Influence & Bias
- The MyFaceMyLife editorial team may not accept the ideas, requests or suggestions of advertisers in exchange for paid placement.
- MyFaceMyLife employees may not accept gifts, gratuities or perks from advertisers that may cause a conflict of interest.
- MyFaceMyLife editors and writers are, aware of advertising relationships, but are not involved in the deal making that may comprise those relationships.